BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Incremental backup takes all files

2009-06-12 15:24:53
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Incremental backup takes all files
From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 21:20:25 +0200
Erik Hjertén wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Matthias Meyer skrev:
>> Erik Hjertén wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I'm using Backuppc on an Ubuntu-server and Deltacopy on windows clients.
>>>
>> How do you call DeltaCopy from the Backuppc Server?
>>
> With Rsync. XferMethod = rsyncd

Yeah - I found in http://www.aboutmyip.com/files/DeltaCopyManual.pdf
the "rsync insight" label ;-)

>>> The incremental backup runs inludes all files, but only every other day.
>>>
>> What did you mean with "but only every other day" ?
>>
> Well, not every incremental run backs up all files. For example on host
> eddie ,see beow, incr backup# 333 is ok but 334 is not, it touches all
> files, and I believe it shouldn't? I mean I know all of these files
> haven't changed.

If I would read exactly I would have an advantage ;-)

Please set $Conf{XferLogLevel} = 2;
Than check the XferLOG after a backup.
Look for:
create  = new for this backup
pool    = found a match in the pool
same    = file is identical to previous backup
skip    = file skipped in incremental because attributes are the same

But at first follow the hint from Les.

br
Matthias
--