BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] 'Daily' digest isn't daily.

2009-06-03 12:55:30
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] 'Daily' digest isn't daily.
From: "G.W. Haywood" <backup AT jubileegroup.co DOT uk>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 17:50:20 +0100 (BST)
Hi there,

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 Tino Schwarze wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 05:04:26PM +0100, G.W. Haywood wrote:
>
> > There have been a few hiccups since I subscribed to the digest list
> > but until now they haven't been remarkable.  However yesterday there
> > were thirteen daily digests.  So far today there have been four.
> >
> > Is there any chance that the daily digest could be, well, daily?
>
> Maybe there's a maximum mails per digest or a maximum mail size? We've
> had a lot of traffic today and yesterday. I'd check the subscribe
> options whethere there are some numbers to tune...

I take it you're not one of the list administrators?  :)  I was
hoping one of them might be reading (at least the 'Subject' lines).

The digest messages are named by a volume and number, for example

BackupPC-users Digest, Vol 38, Issue 19

(which incidentally, is the fifth one of today. :)

The problem is that with the noise on the list lately I'm unable
to manage all the mail, so something's got to give.

--

73,
Ged.