BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] rsync 3.0.x with Windows VSS-support

2009-06-03 16:26:41
Subject: [BackupPC-users] rsync 3.0.x with Windows VSS-support
From: Leen Besselink <leen AT consolejunky DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 22:04:30 +0200
Hi Folks,

Recently I took the patch Elias Penttilä wrote and 'forward-ported' it to rsync
3.

For people who don't know what it does, it implements backup of open files on
Windows with rsync.

Because I think rsync 3 is more efficient and more current in comparison to
rsync 2, it uses
an incremental filelisting system to try and be more efficient. Especially
memory-wise.

I made a small readme-page with information about what I've done so far and the
status/limitations/binaries:

http://www.consolejunky.net/cwrsync-vss/

As most people, I'm a bit strapped for time and thus I like to prioritize the
kind of
features/fixes/other changes that I need/peole want.

I'm contacting you folks to have a look, because I hope to get some feedback on
what people need.

My hope is to get something that works so well to have it included it in the
cwrsync=installer:

http://www.itefix.no/i2/cwrsync

Their seems to be some interest from the cwrsync maintainer to possible include
it.

Have a nice day,
        Leen Besselink.