BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to use backuppc with TWO HDD

2009-06-02 12:16:49
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to use backuppc with TWO HDD
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 18:13:01 +0200
Hi,

> Another solution to the two hard drives backing up might be to use Raid
> 0 (striping).  This does not allow redundancy but it does let you
> combine the drives so the system sees them as one drive.

One should only use RAID0 if he/she doesn't care for it's data. It might
double throughput, yes. But it doubles failure probability as well.
RAID0 might be suitable for automated build systems or similar where
only temporary data is stored. It's not suitable for a Backup system,
IMO.

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de
www.craniosacralzentrum.de