BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BAckup Filis

2009-03-13 12:24:50
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BAckup Filis
From: Robert Steinmetz AIA <rob AT steinmetznet DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:16:28 -0500
I have just installed backuppc on a  Ubuntu 8.04 system. I am attempting to back it up to a 500GB external USB drive. I intend to run daily incremental backups after that.

It almost seems to be working now except when I run a full back up the backup fails after creating only a 230MB archive.
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 231406815 2009-03-13 10:45 localhost.4.tar.gz
Here is the last log entry.

2009-03-13 11:06:33 Started full backup on localhost (pid=7651, share=/)
2009-03-13 11:06:40 Backup failed on localhost (fileListReceive failed)

Since I'm new to backuppc I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing and I'm not sure what information would be helpful in solving my problem.
I'm happy to provide any information necessary
--
Robert Steinmetz, AIA
Principal