BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] scp only

2009-02-18 04:52:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] scp only
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:48:32 +0100
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 08:59:36PM -0600, Terri Kelley wrote:
> I am wanting to backup the config on tons of routers I have but they
> do not support rsync. They do support ssh and scp.
> I have found a script where on a normal nix box where it will run
> through a node list and retrieve the backups of each router (node).
> Is it possible to just do an scp to the router to retrieve the backup
> file using the gui of backuppc using this script or is this something
> I must schedule a cron job for?

BackupPC does not directly support scp for backup. You might be able to
invent some kludge, but I suppose it would be easier to install rsync on
the clients, if they've got ssh already. You could also use tar for
backup - routers shouldn't have a lot of data. And they might have tar.

HTH,

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de
www.craniosacralzentrum.de