BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] When will backuppc begin pooling?

2009-02-12 18:52:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] When will backuppc begin pooling?
From: Brian Woodworth <bwoodworth AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:49:43 -0800
Thank you so much for your very informative response.  When I run the command: perldoc IO::Dirent, i get "No documentation found for "IO::Dirent"" so it seems it is not installed?

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Chris Robertson <crobertson AT gci DOT net> wrote:
Brian Woodworth wrote:
> Yes, I have complete backups.  My problem appears to be a known bug as
> stated earlier in the thread.  Craig was kind enough to post a
> solution, but the problem is I don't know how to go about following
> his instructions.
>
> thanks for the response

First, try...

perldoc IO::Dirent

...to see if you have the Dirent perl module installed.  If you get
something like...

No documentation found for "IO::Dirent".

...your problem probably lies elsewhere. If you get a documentation
page, hit "q" to exit and run...

locate Lib.pm

...to find all files with "Lib.pm" in their name on your system
(hopefully your locatedb is up to date.  If not "updatedb" will probably
update it).  You should find (at least) two...

/some/path/lib/BackupPC/Lib.pm
/some/path/lib/BackupPC/CGI/Lib.pm

...where /some/path is BackupPC's install path.  If you have more than
two, don't continue.  Ask for further advise.  If you just have two, we
want to modify the one NOT in the CGI directory*.  The following command
(when run as root**, or the some other user authorized to modify the
file) will update "/some/path/lib/BackupPC/Lib.pm" per Craig's
instructions.  You should probably back up the file before running it...

sed -i -e 's/\$IODirentOk = 1;/$IODirentOk = 0;/'
/some/path/lib/BackupPC/Lib.pm

...and you should probably consult with someone else to make sure I know
what I'm talking about and am not about to break your system
(inadvertently or otherwise). :o)

Chris

* The command I used won't do anything to the Lib.pm in the CGI
directory, but sed is a very powerful tool and, as such, should be
treated with the utmost respect.
** Running commands you get from the Internet as root is inadvisable.
sudo is not really much better.

Brian Woodworth
bwoodworth AT gmail DOT com