BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] HoboCopy

2009-02-11 04:11:44
Subject: [BackupPC-users] HoboCopy
From: Terry <terry AT bluelight.org DOT uk>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:08:23 +0000
Out of interest is any one using HoboCopy
<http://alt.pluralsight.com/wiki/default.aspx/Craig/HoboCopy.html> to
help backup there windows ? Still debating the best option to grab a
copy of the pst on start-up on the machines so it can then be rsynced
safely.
To avoid any files in use messages.
Backuppc has been running on the home lan a treat backing up the kids
wireless laptops using rsyncd. Built a  backup machine yesterday for a
small company and it is going into action next week and I am feeling
confident apart from the pst's but we will see :)
Due to there size any batch file to copy them to another part of the
drive takes a fair few minutes and I just know the users are going to
close the window. Unless I just do that once a week hmm