BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Setting UP the CGI Interface

2009-02-11 00:09:04
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Setting UP the CGI Interface
From: Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 08:05:24 +0300

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 1:56 AM, Chris Robertson <crobertson AT gci DOT net> wrote:
Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 11:43 PM, Chris Robertson <crobertson AT gci DOT net
> <mailto:crobertson AT gci DOT net>> wrote:
>
>     Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>
>     > Surprisingly, I am not able to get the CGI interface to show up
>     things
>     > as beautifully as I see in the screenshots on the website and I
>     wonder
>     > what I am missing.
>     >
>     > My BackupPC_Admin is in /usr/local/www/apache22/cgi-bin/ and it is
>     > owned by backuppc:www.
>     > The images from BackupPC are in
>     /usr/local/www/apache22/icons/BackupPC
>     >
>     > In config.pl, I have the following:
>     >
>
>     > $Conf{ServerHost} = 'gw.crownkenya.com
>     <http://gw.crownkenya.com> <http://gw.crownkenya.com>';
>     > $Conf{CgiDir}                 = '/usr/local/www/apache22/cgi-bin';
>     > $Conf{CgiImageDir}        =
>     '/usr/local/www/apache22/icons/BackupPC';
>     > $Conf{CgiImageDirURL}  = '/BackupPC';
>     >
>     > Going to http://$Conf{ServerHost}/BackupPC/ displays all the images.
>     >
>     > I could have the images inside /usr/local/www/apache22/icons/
>     but even
>     > that did not work!
>     >
>     > Is there someone who encountered such a problem and managed to
>     solve it??
>
>     When I surf to http://gw.crownkenya.com/cgi-bin/BackupPC_Admin, things
>     look fine...  Are you trying a different URL?
>

> I am shocked. It looks good from another machine. Let me add some
> authentication stuff and see if I can scratch it.
> Is this the same way you did it? Did you just add some .htaccess
> inside your cgi-bin dir?

I actually went the ModPerl route.  But the basics are the same.  An
.htaccess file in the directory should work, as should putting the
authentication requirements in the main (or an included) Apache config file.

It works now, so well I am wondering what the problem was in the first place!
Perhaps a proxy in the middle was messing me up.
I am not the type to ask such a question as I asked, where the setup is straight. I do believe the ISA2006 I have on the LAN was messing me up.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,