BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Is a switch between different transfer methods possible?

2009-02-06 19:59:19
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Is a switch between different transfer methods possible?
From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 01:56:33 +0100
I use rsyncd to backup my (Windows) clients.
The first backup of each client needs a really long time.

Would it be faster if I use smb or tar for the initial backup?
Is it possible to switch back to rsyncd after this initial backup?
Would I maintained all the benefits of rsyncd starting with the 2nd backup?

Thanks
Matthias
--
Don't Panic