BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backuppc cygwin rsync fails to write files to C drive.

2009-02-05 05:38:43
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc cygwin rsync fails to write files to C drive.
From: vnetrix <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 05:36:12 -0500
Hi,
ok I've tried using samba to do the restore but now I am back to square one
because I'm getting the abandoning restore error.
I've found pleanty of posts from people with teh same issue but no aparent
solutions.

http://www.mail-archive.com/backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT
net/msg02220.html

http://osdir.com/ml/sysutils.backup.backuppc.general/2004-12/msg00156.html

Everybody just seems to move to rsync (which in my case is unworkable).
Just to cover what I have tried to get round this:-

Server 2003 does not use simple sharing
the firewall service is disabled.
Manually grant full access on the entire drive to the system account.
watching the process with top and the load average and memory barely move.

At the moment I'm going to run a strace on the process from the command line to
see if I can trap where this is going wrong.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful.