BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backuppc cygwin rsync fails to write files to C drive.

2009-02-04 13:24:48
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc cygwin rsync fails to write files to C drive.
From: vnetrix <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 13:22:36 -0500
Hi Jon,
I found what teh problem was about half an hour ago.  The issue isn't backuppc
or rsync it's self.  The problem is that we are running windows X86_64.

Cygwin rsync is a 32-bit application so any writes to system files are
intercepted by the WOW64 subsystem.  It turns out that backuppc was trying to
write to c:\windows\system32 and Windows was redirecting these to
c:\windows\sysWOW64\

Looks like I'll have to go back to SMB for restores until they come up with a
64-bit version of rsync for windows.

Thanks again for your help