BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backuppc cygwin rsync fails to write files to C drive.

2009-02-04 09:27:16
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc cygwin rsync fails to write files to C drive.
From: vnetrix <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 09:24:57 -0500
Hi Jon,
yes rsync can write files to the root of the C: drive on the server.  The
problem is that it will not write below the c:\windows\folder.  Have verified
this since.  In the logs rsync says that it has written the files correctly but
when you actually check what is in the folder after the restore.  The files
have not been written.

I think the problem may be in the perl module File::RsyncP as backuppc does not
use the normal rsync binary internally.

I'll see if I can find another way to do this.