BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] sudoers

2009-01-21 23:18:39
Subject: [BackupPC-users] sudoers
From: Terri Kelley <neteng AT farm-market DOT net>
To: questions and support General list for user discussion <BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 22:15:43 -0600
Ok, apparently I am particularly dense tonight. I have had the
following error when setting up a host:

> Remote[1]: rsync: push_dir#3 "/home/backuppc/15" failed: No such file
> or directory (2)
> Remote[1]: rsync error: errors selecting input/output files, dirs
> (code 3) at main.c(602) [sender=2.6.8]
> Read EOF:
> Tried again: got 0 bytes
> fileListReceive() failed

The above directory doesn't exist and shouldn't and I don't have it
anywhere in backuppc for that host.

So I am trying to test using rsync via command line from the backuppc
server to test the problem. The host server automatically backs up its
files to a directory/files owned etc by root and I am trying to backup
that host to backuppc. If I rsync from the backuppc server as root,
that works. So I am trying to rsync as backuppc user. I have entered
the following in visudo on the host:

## Allow root to run any commands anywhere
root    ALL=(ALL)       ALL
backuppc ALL=NOPASSWD:/usr/local/bin/backuppc-rsync
backuppc ALL=NOPASSWD:/root/backups/

The /root/backups/ (tried with and without the last /) is where the
server makes it backups in other directories and is owned by root.
 From the console on the backuppc server I issue the following command:
rsync -avz -e "ssh -p 22" myserver.domain.net:/root/backups /var/tmp/
pwrnctmpback/rsyncmanual

And I get the following:
receiving file list ... rsync: link_stat "/root/backups" failed:
Permission denied (13)
done

So obviously doing it that way, backuppc user, does not work.

Can someone please tell me what the issue is? I have googled to death
and don't see how to fix this.

Terri Kelley
Network Engineer