BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Choice of b/u drive

2009-01-05 11:59:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Choice of b/u drive
From: "Chris Baker" <cbaker AT intera DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 10:57:45 -0600
There is no definite way to predict how long a backup will take. However,
all other things being equal, eSATA will easily beat USB 2. Most of the big
external drives and arrays have eSATA and USB anyway. If it comes with both,
what is the point in using the slower one?

Western Digital does not make a 2 TB drive. They do make an external array
which has a capacity of 2 TB.

I recently remember some users backing a NAS to a USB drive. It was about
750 GB. Their backup took about five days.

Chris Baker -- cbaker AT intera DOT com
systems administrator
INTERA -- 512-425-2006