BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] sshd on client?

2008-12-27 07:22:08
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] sshd on client?
From: Timothy Murphy <gayleard AT eircom DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 12:19:48 +0000
Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) wrote:

>> Sorry, /etc/BackupPC/config.pl is 2165 lines long.
>> I've no intention of reading that.
>> Life is too short.
>
> If you're serious about doing backups, I recommend you really read
> through the configuration. I read all of it and afterwards I
> understood a lot more about how BackupPC works, what it's doing
> exactly and what kind of things can be changed and tweaked.

You are a guru.
I am just a newbie user.
I feel I am inundated with far too much information.
My RAM is full.
I want to learn the minimum necessary to play music on my laptop.
run BackupPC, etc.
I don't want to tweak anything, unless that is essential.
I assume the distributor has done that for me,
and I haven't been disappointed so far with CentOS-5.2 in this regard.

If I have a few spare brain-cells left after this,
I would rather use them learning Italian.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net