BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] [OT] Backup Central (was Re: missing rdev on device...)

2008-12-24 00:50:23
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] [OT] Backup Central (was Re: missing rdev on device...)
From: Les Mikesell <les AT futuresource DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 23:48:01 -0600
Holger Parplies wrote:

> Sorry about the trouble and the long off-topic post, list. I *would* be
> interested in how others feel about the matter though.

I always read mail list email backwards.  That is, new messages in
reverse time order since the last batch I read so threading is more or
less irrelevant.  If a conversation is interesting, I'll remember it
from one message to the next.  If it isn't, it doesn't matter and
threading won't make it better.

Anyway, that means I generally see edited messages before the originals
so even though they seem a little strange on a mail list it is not a big
problem.  I think the forum has attracted a few people that weren't
familiar with mail list etiquette but I'm not sure that's a bad thing.
I'd rather see people able to ask for help even if they haven't first
learned the exact procedure you want them to use.