BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] missing rdev on device...

2008-12-22 21:32:14
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] missing rdev on device...
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Glassfox <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>, wilds81 AT yahoo DOT de
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 02:53:56 +0100
Hi Glassfox,

since you're ignoring off-list requests to stop posting to this *mailing list*
via "Backup Central", let me explain to you on-list, that this is a
MAILING LIST (shouting intended), and that you are making an utter fool of
yourself by repeatedly generating messages containing

Glassfox wrote on 2008-12-22 16:59:41 -0500 [[BackupPC-users]  missing rdev on
device...]:

> ****This is an edited version of a previous post****

You *cannot* edit previous posts. "Backup Central"s official point of view
seems to be something like "we only encourage fools to do stupid things, we
don't make them do them; if that annoys mailing lists, so what?". They
obviously don't grasp the basics of threading and the involved email headers,
and, frankly, I couldn't be bothered to explain them to them. It's not that it
is *impossible* to follow a mutilated-by-Backup-Central-type thread, it's just
that it's a pain, and I, for one, don't voluntarily inflict pain upon myself.
I would be happy to continue simply ignoring your posts and the partly
incorrect or misleading answers there have been, if not for the fact that all
of that lands in the archives and may mislead readers who have done *nothing*
to deserve it.

So, as for your question,

> Any idea what's wrong here?

I really couldn't care less.