BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Question about OS Flavor...

2008-12-23 11:31:58
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Question about OS Flavor...
From: dan <dandenson AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 09:29:27 -0700
Definitely stick with what you are used too.  Ubuntu and Debian are great bases for a backuppc server just because of simplicity in setup but any linux as well as BSD, *Solaris are all very good.  Installing from source is quite easy except when some of the required perl stuff is not packaged for the platform you use..  Not backuppc's issue, but and issue none-the-less.