BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] new to backuppc

2008-12-20 04:05:58
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] new to backuppc
From: "Anand Gupta" <anandiwp AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 14:34:30 +0530
I finally setup my first winxp node with backuppc. Now i am facing some problem here.

Node Name : a3520
DHCP : Selected

When i do an nmblookup on the node, i get the following

nmblookup a3520
querying a3520 on 10.211.55.255
10.211.55.3 a3520<00>

Looking at backuppc interface, i see it uses nmblookup -A CLIENTNAME to do a lookup. I get the following results using -A switch

nmblookup -A a3520
Looking up status of 0.0.0.0
No reply from 0.0.0.0

Now since the above doesn't return any results, backuppc eventually is not able to connect / backup the client. I tried to use -B switch as well for specifying broadcast address, however, even that didn't work.

Any ideas ?

--
Thanks and Regards,

Anand