BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] First user problems

2008-12-18 12:52:22
Subject: [BackupPC-users] First user problems
From: cantthinkofanickname <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:43:02 -0500
I've gone through all the How-tos and googled but I cannot get backup PC to
successfully run. I am using the smb method and trying to setup a test method
from my laptop I use to configure the server (8.10). I have removed the "-N"
flag from the backuppc config. file SmbClientFullCmd, etc. of the Smb
paths/commands section as I noted this was a Ubuntu bug on the web somewhere.
The result log I get is:

2008-12-18 14:12:06 Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share
adminDocuments)
2008-12-18 14:12:44 Backup aborted (No files dumped for share adminDocuments)

But that seems pretty unuseful!

I can ping my laptop with it's smb name so I'm pretty sure everything is in
place. And I have added the user to the XP backup group.

Any advice appreciated.