BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] I broke perfection ...

2008-11-30 14:14:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] I broke perfection ...
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 20:12:29 +0100
On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 10:58:41AM -0500, Kenneth L. Owen wrote:
> One thing that I just thought of that may or may not be significant:
>
>   The two machines are in different buildings about 100 yards apart.  I
> didn't run back and forth between them, but rather, ssh connected to
> WinServer from Archiver in one terminal session and used another terminal
> session to do the work on Archiver.
>
>   It my understanding that the CPU doesn't really know the exact source of
> the commands it receives (keyboard, script file, network, etc).  While that
> may be generally true, it may have an impact on the process of creating
> keys.  -- ken

Not really. The result of key creation is a public/private key pair. It
doesn't matter where the command to create a key came from. The output
is stored locally in this case. And the output would be different anyway
if invoked a second, third etc. time, no matter where from.

Host keys are usually created automatically the first time the sshd
starts. IIRC you only created user keys manually.

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de
www.craniosacralzentrum.de