BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] New member

2008-08-26 04:06:44
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] New member
From: "Alex Dehaini" <alexdehaini AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Les Mikesell" <les AT futuresource DOT com>, backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 08:06:37 +0000
Thanks Les

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 8:14 PM, Les Mikesell <les AT futuresource DOT com> wrote:
Alex Dehaini wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just installed backuppc and got it working (almost). At the moment, I can't
backup data from remote host, I have done everything correctly but still not
successful. Only the localhost is backing up successfully.

I have installed and configured samba and want to back up a windows machine,
I have added the windows machine to the host file, created the machine.pl
file and restart backuppc. When i initiate a backup, I get these errors.

2008-08-25 15:01:26 full backup started for share D
2008-08-25 15:01:28 Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share D)
2008-08-25 15:01:33 Backup aborted (No files dumped for share D)

Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\laptop1\\D -U jerry -E -N -d 1 -c
tarmode\ full -Tc -
Xfer PIDs are now 10651,10650
Domain=[NOC] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_DUPLICATE_NAME
Domain=[NOC] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_DUPLICATE_NAME
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0
sizeExistComp, 0 filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share D)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share D)

I am lost, can anyone help me? Plzzzzzzzzzzz

I think:

tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_DUPLICATE_NAME
means that the netbios name of the backuppc server trying to connect is not unique on your network.  Samba will use the dns hostname (without the domain) as the netbios name unless you specify something else in /etc/samba/smb.conf.

Alex Dehaini
Developer
Site - www.alexdehaini.com
Email - alexdehaini AT gmail DOT com