BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] using override RsyncShareName in the gui

2008-08-26 03:32:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] using override RsyncShareName in the gui
From: "Nils Breunese (Lemonbit)" <nils AT lemonbit DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 09:32:26 +0200
Terri Kelley wrote:

> Where is that stored? Reason I asked, I was reading over the archives
> on how to backup different hosts with different directories and found
> a post on putting a config.pl in the /pc/host directory. I then
> decided to add second path on that same host and used the edit config
> for that particular host in the gui using the override and save in
> RsyncShareName. It didn't appear in the config.pl I created under that
> host and also not in the default /etc/BackupPC config.pl.
>
> Is it better to use the gui for that or is it better to put it in the
> config.pl I created in under that /pc/host?

Neither is better than the other. Use the method you like.

> By the way, it would be most helpful if this multiple hosts different
> directories was included in the documentation.

Host-specific configuration (via the GUI) is mentioned in the docs
here:
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#configuration_and_host_editor
  My host-specific configuration files are stored as /etc/BackupPC/pc/
<hostname>.pl (using BackupPC 3.1.0 from the tarball).

Nils Breunese.