BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] How to backup External Hard Drives

2008-08-09 18:00:05
Subject: [BackupPC-users] How to backup External Hard Drives
From: naigy <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 17:59:22 -0400
Hi all,
I seem to remember I had read how this can be done somewhere but can't remember
if it was on this forum or somewhere else. I seem to think it had something to
do with setting the clientalias. Below is my scenario

- I have 4 PC's which BackupPC backs up
- I have 5 external hard drives which occasionally get connected to only one of
these 4 PC's.
- I would like to have these 5 extra drives (some with multiple partitions)
backed up through BackupPC.

I realise this would be a manual backup as otherwise BackupPC would more than
likely not be able to tell when or which drive was connected. Any assistance to
steer me in the right direction would be appreciated