BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] archive problem

2008-08-08 19:45:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] archive problem
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Chris Robertson <crobertson AT gci DOT net>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 01:44:41 +0200
Hi,

Chris Robertson wrote on 2008-08-01 10:30:19 -0800 [Re: [BackupPC-users]
archive problem]:
> The are "file test operators".  See
> http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/fto.html for a pretty extensive (and
> annotated) list.

without wanting to be too pedantic, I think it should be pointed out that the
quoted page describes the *bash builtin test* command, while we were looking
at a Perl script. Incidentally, most of the tests are identical, so the page
does give you a good idea. For a real reference to the Perl file test
operators, try 'perldoc -f -f' (you may use any other file test operator
instead of the *second* '-f', they're all explained on one page).

Regards,
Holger