BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems installing on CentOS 5.2 x64 from testing repo -- can't locate Lib.pm

2008-08-07 19:11:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems installing on CentOS 5.2 x64 from testing repo -- can't locate Lib.pm
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: John Hardman <tptac.jhardman AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 01:10:35 +0200
Hi,

John Hardman wrote on 2008-08-07 15:24:21 -0700 [[BackupPC-users] Problems
installing on CentOS 5.2 x64 from testing repo -- can't locate Lib.pm]:
> I am trying to get a new install up on a fresh install of CentOS 5.2 x64
> from the testing repo from CentOS
>
> When I try to start the BPC service I get the following...
>
> # service backuppc start
> # Starting BackupPC: Can't locate BackupPC/Lib.pm in @INC (....) BEGIN
> failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/BackupPC line 60.
>
> Any ideas as to what might be wrong here?

yes, the Perl include path in the BackupPC daemon script. That's a bug in the
package. Contact the maintainer and ask him to fix it.

If you want to fix it yourself (and perhaps provide a patch to the
maintainer), look in /usr/bin/BackupPC for a line

        use lib "<something>/lib";

(it's line 59 in vanilla BackupPC 3.1.0). Change that <something> to whatever
is correct. If you have no idea where the BackupPC library files are and can't
use package tools to e.g. get a list of files contained in the package, try
something like

        find / -name PoolWrite.pm -print

(I chose PoolWrite and not Lib, because it seems somewhat less likely to be
used by anything else). Under Debian, that would output

        /usr/share/backuppc/lib/BackupPC/PoolWrite.pm

so the correct 'use lib' line would be

        use lib "/usr/share/backuppc/lib";

Note that you will need to change *all* BackupPC scripts (unless the others
have the correct value ...), i.e. BackupPC, BackupPC_archive,
BackupPC_archiveHost, BackupPC_archiveStart ... let's hope they're all still
named as they should be ;-).

Regards,
Holger