BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Incremental Strategy

2008-08-06 18:15:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Incremental Strategy
From: Christopher Derr <cmderr AT ucdavis DOT edu>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 15:14:59 -0700
Dan Pitts suggested:

FullPeriod=27.9
incrperiod=.9
# this should add up to 27 days worth
incrlevels=[2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2]
incrkeepcount= however many you want

And I agree but I think the incrlevels repeat so you might need only the first
6 or so 2's and a 1.   Les is suggesting something like a Full every week and
just keep four fulls and week's worth of incrementals.  That also seems like a
good idea if the "full" is essentially an incremental if you include the
pooling.  I'll give the latter a go.

Thanks for the tips,

Chris