BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] userid mismatch error...though uid's are not wrong

2008-08-06 15:19:11
Subject: [BackupPC-users] userid mismatch error...though uid's are not wrong
From: James Kyle <jameskyle AT ucla DOT edu>
To: BackupPC User List <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 12:19:38 -0700
I'm getting a userid mismatch error using mod_perl and a specialized
httpd daemon run as the backppc user.

If my backuppc user has uid 300, the error reads as follows:

/usr/local/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_dump: Wrong user: my userid is 300,
instead of  (backuppc)

As I mentioned, the backuppc uid *is* 300. So I'm a bit confused at
what is going on. In addition, I can restart the BackupPC daemon and
initialize a backup and it completes without error...then after a
while, this error arises and will not go away.

Any input much appreciated,

James Kyle