BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Nmblookup fails

2008-06-23 19:36:04
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Nmblookup fails
From: Kurt Tunkko <kurt.tunko AT web DOT de>
To: Chris Baker <cbaker AT intera DOT com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 01:35:48 +0200
I have maybe the same problem when trying to backup a windows xp laptop
that is connected via VPN to the backuppc-server.

Unfortunately even when I have established a connection I can not start
the backup, because I get the following error message:

<TIMESTAMP> Unknown host laptopclient for status request
<TIMESTAMP> User backuppc requested backup of unknown host laptopclient

*** My Setup ***
OpenVPN with IPCop / Zerina
Client IP: 10.128.0.6

backuppc's /etc/hosts contains a line
laptopclient    10.128.0.6

backuppcs /etc/hosts contains a line:
x31     0       backuppc

I also tried to use 1 instead of zero but I get the same error message

*** Tests ***
ping from backuppc to laptopclient is working
ping from laptopclient to backuppc is working

Any idea what could be the reason that backuppc doesn't start the
backup? The Windows XP firewall is not activated on the client.

Best regards

- Kurt