BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] No Confiiguration possible via Web-GUI

2008-06-14 07:55:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] No Confiiguration possible via Web-GUI
From: Kurt Tunkko <kurt.tunko AT web DOT de>
To: BackupPC User List <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 13:55:32 +0200
Hello Lyle,

Lyle Scott III wrote:
> What OS did you 'reinstall on' ? if you are debian/ubuntu, i had to do a
> dpkg --purge backuppc and make sure everything was off.

you're right I'm running BackupPC on Ubuntu. I tried:

        sudo apt-get remove backuppc    and then
        sudo apt-get install backuppc

This doesn't solved the issue regarding the configuration via Web-GUI.

When using:

        dpkg --purge backuppc

will this also wipe my backup files at /var/...
Also what do you mean with "make sure everything was off"
Start from scratch by backing up my /etc/backuppc/ directory?

I just want to make sure that I don't loose my old backups :-)

Best regards

=/ Kurt