BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] problems with rsyncd to backup linux clients

2008-06-14 06:32:21
Subject: [BackupPC-users] problems with rsyncd to backup linux clients
From: "Benedict simon" <simon AT kmun.gov DOT kw>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 13:53:12 +0300 (AST)
Dear All,

I have recently installed backuppc and succesfull managed to backup
windows client with smb
workks grt

now i am tryin to backup linux clients with rsyncd but when i try to
backup it gives me a the following error

im trying to backup the /opt filesystems

-------------------------------
full backup started for directory /opt
Connected to kmdns1:873, remote version 30
Negotiated protocol version 28
Error connecting to module /opt/ at kmdns1:873: Unknown module '/opt/'
Got fatal error during xfer (Unknown module '/opt/')
Backup aborted (Unknown module '/opt/')
-----------------------

my hostname.pl file is
$Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
  '/opt'
];
$Conf{RsyncdUserName} = 'root';
$Conf{RsyncdPasswd} = 'xxxxxx';
$Conf{RsyncdAuthRequired} = '1';
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsyncd';

rsync daemon is running fine on client linux machine
the username and password in /etc/Backup/pc/hostname.pl file are the same
in secrets file in my client machine

the error log on my client linux machine is

connect from UNKNOWN (ip of the backup server)
2008/06/14 12:06:47 [19626] unknown module '/opt/' tried from UNKNOWN (ip
address of backup saerver)

i tried gooling a but not much avail

apprecite your help n suggestions

Regards