BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] -- Thankssss problems with rsyncd to backup linux clients

2008-06-15 02:18:58
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] -- Thankssss problems with rsyncd to backup linux clients
From: "Benedict simon" <simon AT kmun.gov DOT kw>
To: "Tino Schwarze" <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 09:39:51 +0300 (AST)
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 01:53:12PM +0300, Benedict simon wrote:
>
>> now i am tryin to backup linux clients with rsyncd but when i try to
>> backup it gives me a the following error
>>
>> im trying to backup the /opt filesystems
>>
>> -------------------------------
>> full backup started for directory /opt
>> Connected to kmdns1:873, remote version 30
>> Negotiated protocol version 28
>> Error connecting to module /opt/ at kmdns1:873: Unknown module '/opt/'
>> Got fatal error during xfer (Unknown module '/opt/')
>> Backup aborted (Unknown module '/opt/')
>> -----------------------
>>
>> my hostname.pl file is
>> $Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
>>   '/opt'
>> ];
>> $Conf{RsyncdUserName} = 'root';
>> $Conf{RsyncdPasswd} = 'xxxxxx';
>> $Conf{RsyncdAuthRequired} = '1';
>> $Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsyncd';
>>
>> rsync daemon is running fine on client linux machine
>> the username and password in /etc/Backup/pc/hostname.pl file are the
>> same
>> in secrets file in my client machine
>>
>> the error log on my client linux machine is
>>
>> connect from UNKNOWN (ip of the backup server)
>> 2008/06/14 12:06:47 [19626] unknown module '/opt/' tried from UNKNOWN
>> (ip
>> address of backup saerver)
>>
>> i tried gooling a but not much avail
>
> At first, you need a module [opt] in your rsyncd.conf on the client
> side, then the $Conf{RsyncShareName} should just be "opt".
>
> HTH,
>
> Tino.

Thanks tino .. really apprecite your quick reply
actually my client side was fine
but on the backup server side i had "/opt" instaead of jus "opt"

also it was giving n error on permissions for the secrets file which i
fixed n it works grt now

but i need to check one more thing

since i use root user for backup it will not backup files owned other than
root but i will check it out

anyway thnks n apprecite

regards

simon