BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] howto proceed after backup disk space full <Virus checked>

2008-06-04 11:55:21
Subject: [BackupPC-users] howto proceed after backup disk space full <Virus checked>
From: Thomas Lehmann <thomas.lehmann AT kvt DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 16:03:33 +0200
I'm running BackupPC since a few years without problems. But now I got
stuck on a testing system where the backup disk space has accidentially
been filled up.
Is there any way to access older backups again after recovering some disk
space? I have noticed that the .../pc/<host>/backups files are truncated
and a new backup starts with ID 0. Is it possible to rebuild the "backups" file
from information within XferLOG files and contents of the (undamaged) backup
directories? Do I need to take other measures besides the recovery of "backups"
files?

In short: Howto proceed after the backup disk space has been filled up?

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Thomas

Mit freundlichen Grüßen