BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] backuppc with a windows client

2008-06-04 11:55:18
Subject: [BackupPC-users] backuppc with a windows client
From: "Sandro Frenzel" <Sandro.Frenzel AT gmx DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 16:05:35 +0200
Hello all,

I want to backup my windows client with backuppc over rsync. I have
installed rsync on my windows machine and it works. I can manually
sync files with the "rsync -av USER@SERVER::TESTDIR" command.

Now I want to use backuppc for this. My problem is, that backuppc
syncs all files, but report, that the backup was aborted and so the
backup is only saved as a partial one:

full backup started for directory docs
Connected to 192.168.178.9:873, remote version 29
Negotiated protocol version 28
Connected to module docs
Sending args: --server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D
--links --hard-links --times --block-size=2048 --recursive --ignore-times . .
Xfer PIDs are now 29614
  create d 755   400/401           0 .
  create   644   400/401       36073 winzip.gif
Done: 1 files, 36073 bytes
Backup aborted ()
Saving this as a partial backup, replacing the prior one
(got 1 and 1 files versus 0)

For testing I have put only one file (winzip.gif) in a directory. The file is
synced correctly and is also listed in the backup-files from backuppc.
The problem is, that the backup is only saved as a partial backup and
so a I am not able to do more incrementel backups. When I add more
files in the directory backuppc transfer _ALL_ files.

What can I do?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Bye
Sandro