BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] images not displayed on the status page

2008-06-03 08:01:20
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] images not displayed on the status page
From: "Nils Breunese (Lemonbit)" <nils AT lemonbit DOT nl>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 14:01:04 +0200
Benedict simon wrote:

> Thanks Guys and really apprecite for your quick reply
> actually under mu cgi-bin director i only have the BackupPC_Admin
> script
> which is installed by the install program.
> only i had a soft link in my cgi-bin directory to the images directory
> which was under /var/www/images
> i still have the same problem but diiferent error
>
> let me do give u some more details
>
> 1) apache runs as user backuppc and group apache
>   document root is /var/www/cgi-bin -- in cgi-bin only BackupPC_Admin
>
> -r-sr-x--- 1 backuppc apache 3993 Jun  2 23:38 BackupPC_Admin

If you're not using mod_perl there is no need to run Apache as the
backuppc user. Also, the s-bit is not really needed if you run Apache
as backuppc. I suggest using the plain CGI mode by the way as it's
easier to setup and since I don't spend a lot of time in the web
interface I don't really notice the difference actually.

> 2) the image directory where images are is /var/www/html
> and owner group is backuppc user with only read permission to all
> images
> files
>
> 3) in /etc/BackupPC/config.pl file i see the following
>
> $Conf{CgiImageDir} = '/var/www/html';
> and
> $Conf{CgiImageDirURL} = '/html';

That seems wrong. If  /var/www/html is your document root then the
images should be available at /, not /html.

Nils Breunese.