BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] images not displayed on the status page

2008-06-02 12:11:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] images not displayed on the status page
From: "Nils Breunese (Lemonbit)" <nils AT lemonbit DOT nl>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 18:11:16 +0200
Les Mikesell wrote:

> Benedict simon wrote:
>>
>> Dear All
>>
>> I have just installed backup PC as per the docs and now when i run
>>
>> http://hostname/BackupPC_Admin
>>
>> the main page .. Backuppc Server status page comes but no images.
>>
>> also in the http errors.log i c
>>

>> [Sun Jun 01 13:05:10 2008] [error] Bareword found where operator
>> expected
>> at /var/www/
>> cgi-bin/images/sorttable.js line 1, near "#line 1
>> /var/www/cgi-bin/images/sorttable.js
>> \n// Used"\nsyntax error at /var/www/cgi-bin/images/sorttable.js
>> line 1,
>> near "#line 1
>
> It looks like you specified the images directory to be underneath the
> cgi-bin directory during installation, and you have apache
> configured to
> execute everything under cgi-bin, so it is trying to execute the
> content
> on the server instead of displaying it.  Normally you would put the
> images somewhere like /var/www/html/backuppc/images that isn't
> configured for executable content.

That's also what I did, Les, but the docs indeed seem to say otherwise:

"Apache image Directory

A directory where BackupPC's images are stored so that Apache can
serve them. You should ensure this directory is readable by Apache and
create a symlink to this directory from the BackupPC CGI bin Directory."

AFAIK you don't need that symlink and you should just place your
images directory in your document root and *not* under your cgi-bin
directory.

Nils Breunese.