BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Question about "link pending".

2008-06-02 23:10:31
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Question about "link pending".
From: dan <dandenson AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Bruno Faria" <brunothebigb AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 21:10:25 -0600
the dumps can take a lot of RAM if you are using rsync as it needs about 100bytes per file, which adds up quickly.  I do not believe that the nightly jobs take nearly as much as rsync.  rsync is 1 large job that depends on all files being known for hardlinks while the nightly jobs are more sequential work and dont need a large chunk of ram.  remember, linux will use up all of your RAM caching libraries so you should read TOP carefully to determine what is actually being used by the system and what is use in cache.