BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] [Samba] net rpc commands not working

2008-05-19 12:58:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] [Samba] net rpc commands not working
From: "Leandro Tracchia" <ltracchia AT gmail DOT com>
To: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 12:33:14 -0400
problem solved. i had to add 127.0.0.1 to the interfaces list of smb.conf. this is because i had set bind interfaces _only_ = yes.

the manpage makes mention of smbpasswd not working properly if bind interfaces only is set and the network address 127.0.0.1 is not added to the interfaces parameter.

i guess this also applies to correct functionality of the net rpc command, although the man page makes no mention of this and i'm not very knowledgeable to explain to you how it does apply. but it worked for me.

thanks for your help john.

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 12:25 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Leandro Tracchia <ltracchia AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> yes, samba is running on the localhost...
>
> the command did not ask for a password because i used %not24get
>
> samba is listening on eth1

How about lo (as this is not eth1)?

netstat -tulpen

Also have you checked your samba logs?