BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] updatedb exclusion for Linux BackupPC users

2008-04-22 14:06:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] updatedb exclusion for Linux BackupPC users
From: Ryan Manikowski <rmanikowski AT proteus DOT com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 14:05:45 -0400

Just to give you an idea of how much space you may save by modifying the
/etc/updatedb.conf file to exclude the BackupPC data directory, our
/var/lib/mlocate/mlocate.db file had grown to 2.5GB. After adding the
path to /etc/updatedb.conf and then manually running 'updatedb', the
mlocate.db file shrunk down to 3MB.

--
Ryan Manikowski

System Administrator