BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Archive encrypted zip

2008-04-15 10:19:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Archive encrypted zip
From: Alexandre Joly <aj AT infodev DOT ca>
To: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:18:50 -0400
Well, I can see WinZip 11 has support for 128- and 256-bit AES
encryption. PKZIP, on the other hand, is weak and can be cracked within
minutes.

My initial question was, anyone ever modified BackupPC in order to
archive in ZIP format instead of bz2 or gzip?

--
Alexandre Joly <aj AT infodev DOT ca>
Network Administrator