Amanda-Users

Re: The Coyote Den AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR BogusMonth 0, 0

2009-10-03 00:07:37
Subject: Re: The Coyote Den AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR BogusMonth 0, 0
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 23:49:35 -0400
wrote:
>> How am I supposed to be able to run it from a cron launched script if
>> somebody has to be there to Press enter when ready?
>
>This issue of interactivity has been a sore spot for a while now, with
>no good solution.
>
>As for the continued permissions failures -- I got the same thing
>today.  I thought you had said the amdumps were working fine, so I
>didn't wait for my nightly amdump to run.  But sure enough I have the
>same errors you do this morning.  I also noticed that this permissions
>"fix" has broken ssh auth.
>
>Dustin

I just grabbed the 2.6.2alpha-20091002 snapshot, and its about halfway thru a
test backup, and isn't bailing out, so the suid or whatever problem it was
having on linux appears to be fixed.

Thanks.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

You can do this in a number of ways.  IBM chose to do all of them.
Why do you find that funny?
                -- D. Taylor, Computer Science 350