Amanda-Users

Re: The Coyote Den AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR BogusMonth 0, 0

2009-09-30 10:59:58
Subject: Re: The Coyote Den AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR BogusMonth 0, 0
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:52:33 -0400
wrote:
>> How am I supposed to be able to run it from a cron launched script if
>> somebody has to be there to Press enter when ready?
>
>This issue of interactivity has been a sore spot for a while now, with
>no good solution.

It needs a just do it option.  As you can see, it does find the correct, last
recorded 'tape', to verify. No reason it can't just go do it.

I found where the trailing numbers were coming from, at one time, when I
wrote the script, it needed the tape number, 2 in that instant case, and the
runtapes value, 1 in my case, and my script passes them as args 1 and 2.
Now it appears to just ignore them.

>As for the continued permissions failures -- I got the same thing
>today.  I thought you had said the amdumps

No, I said amcheck's were fine I believe.

>were working fine, so I
>didn't wait for my nightly amdump to run.  But sure enough I have the
>same errors you do this morning.  I also noticed that this permissions
>"fix" has broken ssh auth.

Oh Goody, NOT!  But I didn't notice that as I'm using auth=bsd.
I have catchup running, but in 3+ hours it has only done 2 of the seven I
told it too.  I have another problem too, but I'll start a fresh thread for
that.

>Dustin

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

If someone says he will do something "without fail", he won't.