Amanda-Users

Re: empty amdump output

2009-09-24 09:51:36
Subject: Re: empty amdump output
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:33:14 -0400
On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
wrote:
> Older version of amanda seemed to exit more gracefully, let you
> know another version was running, perhaps amcleanup needed to be
> run, this version seems to try to run and locks lower down.
>
> I don't know that its an error, but its 'less pretty'.

It does give that same error, but it gives it in the amreport rather
than failing at the amdump level (thereby generating an email from
cron that may or may not end up with the backup admin).  The reason
you see all of the zeroes is that amreport tries to report on
everything that was *intended* to be in the backup, and in this
particular instance nothing was included :)

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com