Amanda-Users

empty amdump output

2009-09-21 13:37:31
Subject: empty amdump output
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT wadsworth DOT org>, Dave Remling <daver AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:58:36 -0400
I have an amanda 2.6.1 running on Solaris 10x86 (different from
my earlier email). Single client for this server, Client == Server,
name="cascade".

I have yet to get my runs under 24 hours reliably, we are working
on HW striping the work area (technical issue with our understanding
of the raid inc box).

As a result the next day when amdump tries to run we are seeing
an amdump report, lots of zeros, and I think we are stepping on
the snapshots we created at time zero.

Older version of amanda seemed to exit more gracefully, let you
know another version was running, perhaps amcleanup needed to be
run, this version seems to try to run and locks lower down.

I don't know that its an error, but its 'less pretty'.

----- Forwarded message from Amanda/Cascade <amanda AT wadsworth DOT org> -----