Amanda-Users

Orphan directories in dumpdisk area

2009-08-18 07:55:58
Subject: Orphan directories in dumpdisk area
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:44:52 -0400
I am working on some issues that result in having failed partial dumps.
Historically, these are written to the tape, and then deleted, which allows
for the dumpdisk directory for that run to be automatically cleaned up.

On my 2.6.1 server, these directories are left as "orphans", and every run
after that tries to flush them. This is very annoying behavior, and will
eventually lead to issues such as filling up the dumpdisk area.

Is this behavior corrected in later versions of Amanda? If not, could we
please get this behavior reverted to the historical behavior?

In my opinion, once we have written whatever is in the dumpdisk are to tape,
it should be removed, but the time that run is complete. Anyone see any
reason that behavior is not correct?

programs.