Amanda-Users

Amanda didn't take new tape

2009-08-17 07:29:31
Subject: Amanda didn't take new tape
From: Dominik Schips <dominik AT s235 DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:21:47 +0200
Hello,

I use an Overland PowerLoader (16 tapes) with an LTO-2 device. I do a
full backup two times a week.

I did an upgrade from amanda 2.4.4p3-3 (Debian sarge) to Amanda
2.5.2p1-4 (Debian lenny).

After this upgrade amanda didn't take a new tape if a DLE failed because
of emty space on the current tape.

I changed some things of the amanda.conf because they changed in the new
version. amanda is working but didn't change the tape and start the DLE
with the new.

The error message in the amanda status report is:

dump to tape failed: driver: "[writing file: No space left on device]"

I got the same error with the old amanda but then amanda take a new tape
and start to backup the DLE that wasn't finished correct.

Any advice for me that I missed to change?

Here is my current amanda.conf (2.5.2p1-4):

org "XXXXXXXXXX - "
mailto "XXXXXXXX AT XXXXXXXX DOT XXX"
dumpuser "backup"
inparallel 10
dumporder "SssSssSssSssSssSssSssS"
taperalgo largest
netusage  100000000 Kbps
dumpcycle 0
runspercycle 28
tapecycle 290 tapes
bumpsize 20 Mb
bumppercent 20
bumpdays 1
bumpmult 4
etimeout 300
dtimeout 1800
ctimeout 30
tapebufs 20
runtapes 7
tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"
tapedev "/dev/nst0"
changerfile "/etc/amanda/XXXXXXXXX/CHANGER"
changerdev "/dev/sg2"
maxdumpsize -1
tapetype XXXXX_LTO2
labelstr "^XXXXX-[A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9][0-9][A-Z][0-9]*$"
amrecover_do_fsf yes
amrecover_check_label yes
amrecover_changer "/dev/sg2"
autoflush no
infofile "/var/lib/amanda/XXXXX/curinfo"
logdir   "/var/lib/amanda/XXXXX/log"
indexdir "/var/lib/amanda/XXXXX/index"
tapelist "/etc/amanda/DailyFull/tapelist"
define tapetype XXXXX_LTO2 {
    comment "LTO2 HP Ultrium2 (hardware compression on)"
    length 195000 mbytes
    filemark 0 kbytes
    speed 25000 kbytes
}