Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda must be run as user amandabackup when using bsdtcp authentication

2009-05-19 02:59:56
Subject: Re: Amanda must be run as user amandabackup when using bsdtcp authentication
From: Abilio Carvalho <abilio.carvalho AT bbp DOT ch>
To: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 08:32:07 +0200
Maybe, but I have another machine with the exact same inetadm output
and that one works fine so it's not the cause of this specific problem

Abilio

On May 19, 2009, at 5:31 AM, Frank Smith wrote:

> Abilio Carvalho wrote:
>> Anyone? I'm kinda lost at a problem that seems so basic, and I could
>> really use a second pair of eyes. As far as I can see, all config
>> files are correct, permissions on /tmp and /var amanda subdirectories
>> are fine, etc. It's NOT just a case of me overlooking something that
>> can be found on the 15 mins amanda backup doc. At least, I don't
>> think
>> so.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Abilio
>>

>> On May 18, 2009, at 5:30 PM, Abilio Carvalho wrote:
>>
>>> I'm getting this when I do am amcheck -c, but I don't know what I'm
>>> missing.
>>>
>>> Here's the relevant data:
>>>
>>> Server works: I have 6 hosts configured, only 1 is failing. Client
>>> that fails is a new install I'm doing atm.
>>>
>>> amanda was configured with: ./configure --without-server --with-
>>> user=amandabackup --with-group=disk --prefix= --with-amandahosts --
>>> without-ipv6
>>>
>>> /var/lib/amanda and the .amandahosts in it is owned by
>>> amandabackup:disk
>>>
>>> output of inetadm -l svc:/network/amanda/tcp is:
>>>
>>> SCOPE    NAME=VALUE
>>>         name="amanda"
>>>         endpoint_type="stream"
>>>         proto="tcp"
>>>         isrpc=FALSE
>>>         wait=FALSE
>>>         exec="/libexec/amanda/amandad -auth=bsdtcp"
>>>         user="amandabackup"
>>> default  bind_addr=""
>>> default  bind_fail_max=-1
>>> default  bind_fail_interval=-1
>>> default  max_con_rate=-1
>>> default  max_copies=-1
>>> default  con_rate_offline=-1
>>> default  failrate_cnt=40
>>> default  failrate_interval=60
>>> default  inherit_env=TRUE
>>> default  tcp_trace=FALSE
>>> default  tcp_wrappers=FALSE
>>>

>>> Can you help me figure out what unbelievably basic thing I missed?
>>> Thanks
>>>

> Shouldn't the 'wait' parameter be 'true'?
>
> Frank
>

> --
> Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
> Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673
> Hoover's Online                                   Fax: 512-374-4501

This e-mail is strictly confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, any copying, distribution or any other use of this message
is prohibited and may be unlawful. In such case, please notify the
sender Immediately and destroy this e-mail.