Amanda-Users

Amanda must be run as user amandabackup when using bsdtcp authentication

2009-05-18 11:49:23
Subject: Amanda must be run as user amandabackup when using bsdtcp authentication
From: Abilio Carvalho <abilio.carvalho AT bbp DOT ch>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 17:30:06 +0200
I'm getting this when I do am amcheck -c, but I don't know what I'm
missing.

Here's the relevant data:

Server works: I have 6 hosts configured, only 1 is failing. Client
that fails is a new install I'm doing atm.

amanda was configured with: ./configure --without-server --with-
user=amandabackup --with-group=disk --prefix= --with-amandahosts --
without-ipv6

/var/lib/amanda and the .amandahosts in it is owned by amandabackup:disk

output of inetadm -l svc:/network/amanda/tcp is:

SCOPE    NAME=VALUE
          name="amanda"
          endpoint_type="stream"
          proto="tcp"
          isrpc=FALSE
          wait=FALSE
          exec="/libexec/amanda/amandad -auth=bsdtcp"
          user="amandabackup"
default  bind_addr=""
default  bind_fail_max=-1
default  bind_fail_interval=-1
default  max_con_rate=-1
default  max_copies=-1
default  con_rate_offline=-1
default  failrate_cnt=40
default  failrate_interval=60
default  inherit_env=TRUE
default  tcp_trace=FALSE
default  tcp_wrappers=FALSE

Can you help me figure out what unbelievably basic thing I missed?
Thanks

This e-mail is strictly confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, any copying, distribution or any other use of this message
is prohibited and may be unlawful. In such case, please notify the
sender Immediately and destroy this e-mail.