Amanda-Users

Network ports usage vs version

2009-04-15 21:25:47
Subject: Network ports usage vs version
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 21:16:31 -0400
WE are in the unfortunate position of having no control over, and no access
to logging (if they even bother to do it) for the internal firewalls at our
location.

We just upgraded one of our Amanda clients from 2.4.3P4 to 2.5.2P1. The
backups stared failing imediaely, with errors that look like failure to get
the index data back to the server.

The machine in question does multiple filesystems at once. Can anyone
enlighten me as to whether the port usage might have changes between these
versions?

programs.